The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Montclair State UniversityFounded as the New Jersey State Normal School at Montclair in 1908, Montclair State University today is a preeminent center of research, education and scholarship. The University offers a broad array of undergraduate and graduate programs in the liberal arts and sciences, as well as in the professional fields of business, the arts and education. Substantial growth in research activity and doctoral-level education has earned Montclair State designation as a Research Doctoral University by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Montclair State is currently in a period of significant growth and development with an enrollment of over 21,000 students, new programs, new faculty and expanding physical facilities. In just the past year, Montclair State achieved record-breaking enrollment, opened a new School of Nursing, built state-of-the-art learning and research facilities for students in the Feliciano School of Business and College of Science and Mathematics, and initiated construction for a new home for the School of Communication and Media. We received the largest philanthropic gift in our history--$20 million to support the Feliciano School of Business—and met the Federal criteria for recognition as an Hispanic-serving institution. These activities are evidence of the University’s commitment to steadily adapting and evolving to serve the educational needs of New Jersey, grounded in a mission of academic excellence and service.
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2012
Number of students: 2,201
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at Montclair State University in the Fall of 2012. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Montclair State University are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at Montclair State University and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Montclair State University are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Montclair State University and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Montclair State University | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY IN FALL 2012 BY SUMMER 2018
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Montclair State University||47%||68%||71%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||5%||8%||10%|
|Enrolled at Montclair State University||27%||5%||1%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||11%||13%||14%|