The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
Elizabeth City State UniversityECSU, a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina, is a premier public institution serving northeastern North Carolina, providing affordable academic programs and services of exceptional caliber in a nurturing environment. ECSU continues to be a leading partner in enhancing educational and cultural opportunities and improving the economic strength in the region. As a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina, Elizabeth City State University offers baccalaureate, professional, and master's degrees for a diverse student body. Our mission is to promote economic, social, and environmental progress for the people of northeastern North Carolina, the state, and the nation. We achieve our commitment to the highest quality education by maintaining a rigorous focus on academic excellence through liberal arts programs and using innovative and flexible technology-based instruction models to enhance our signature areas: integrating technology with education, improving human health and wellness, and advancing the natural and aviation sciences. Through teaching, research, and community engagement, the institution's rich heritage and its current multicultural student-centered focus provide a firm foundation for its endeavors. It serves the needs and aspirations of individuals and society; producing graduates for leadership roles and life-long learning.
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2012
Number of students: 523
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at Elizabeth City State University in the Fall of 2012. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from Elizabeth City State University are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at Elizabeth City State University and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at Elizabeth City State University are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at Elizabeth City State University and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
Elizabeth City State University | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
ELIZABETH CITY STATE UNIVERSITY IN FALL 2012 BY SUMMER 2018
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from Elizabeth City State University||21%||35%||42%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||3%||7%||11%|
|Enrolled at Elizabeth City State University||30%||12%||4%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||28%||35%||36%|