The Student Achievement Measure is supported by six sponsoring associations, working together to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of student progress and completion as students move across institutions and state boundaries.
The University of Texas of the Permian BasinAs the only four-year University for Odessa, Midland --and surrounding rural areas--enrollment is over 5,500, attracting students from over 185 Texas Counties, 28 states, and 30 countries. Dependent on the oil industry for many years, the local Chambers of Commerce are attracting diverse businesses to the area. In the past years, a flourishing retail boom brought in many restaurants, and shopping centers to Midland and Odessa. museums, theaters, a symphony orchestra, golf courses, a Texas League AA professional stadium, football stadiums, ice hockey, a polo club, an international airport, and other metropolitan attractions are all within minutes of the University. The semi-arid grassland climate averages 300 days of sunshine a year, boasts wide-open spaces and spectacular sunsets.
First-Time Full-Time Students Starting Fall 2010
Number of students: 336
roll over each bar for detail data
The SAM Full-time Bachelor's Degree model tracks a group of students who started a bachelor's degree program at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin in the Fall of 2010. The students' progress toward a degree is reported within 4, 5, and 6 years. The same group of students is included in the results for every year.
The sections of the SAM chart represent the proportion of students in the original group with the following five outcomes.
- Students who started at and graduated from The University of Texas of the Permian Basin are represented by the darker purple bar with the solid black bar underneath (). (This section of the chart Within 6 Years is approximately the same as the federal graduation rate, but it may differ slightly for each institution.)
- Students who started at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin and then transferred to and graduated from another institution are represented by the lighter purple bar with the white stripe underneath ()
- Students who started at and are still enrolled at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin are represented by the darker aqua bar with two white stripes underneath ().
- Students who started at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin and then transferred to and are still enrolled at another institution are represented by the lighter aqua bar with the bottom white stripe ().
- Students from the original group whose status is unknown are represented by the green bar with the top white stripe (). These students may have graduated or still be enrolled somewhere, but their status could not be determined conclusively.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin | Bachelor's Seeking Model - First-Time Full-Time
OUTCOMES FOR STUDENT STARTING AT
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS OF THE PERMIAN BASIN IN FALL 2010 BY SUMMER 2016
WITHIN 4 YEARS
WITHIN 5 YEARS
WITHIN 6 YEARS
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from The University of Texas of the Permian Basin||21%||31%||33%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Graduated from another institution||5%||12%||14%|
|Enrolled at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin||23%||10%||7%|
|+ view details|
|=||Total Transferred and enrolled
at another institution
|Current Status Unknown||28%||35%||36%|